Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wow!

Brad Miller (or, as I've taken to shouting his name upon his hitting of an open three, Brad Mill-AH!)...WOW!!

Joakim Noah...WOW!!! (AND FUCK YEAH!!!)

John Salmons...WOW!

Looking at the box score, it's hard to figure out how they won. The Bulls were out-rebounded (by seven on the offensive end), had four more turnovers, and were outscored by three at the charity stripe. I did the math, and efficiency-wise, the Celts actually outscored them per 100 possessions, 111.4 to 109.4. But ultimately, Boston had Ray Allen, Glen Davis...and that was it. Remove Ray from the equation, and they shot 2 for 13 from 3 pt. land. Meanwhile, Salmons and Miller combined to go 7/11 from long-distance. (Just imagine if this team still had Nocioni and Gooden...shudder!)

I know it won't happen, but if someone could explain to me why Rondo shouldn't be suspended for Game 7 for his cheap-shot (and then sucker-punch) against Kirk, I'd appreciate it. I'm still trying to figure out how he stayed in this game. I'd say there was no justice on this earth, except tonight, there was. Now come on, Karma Police...arrest that man.

UPDATE: By the way, if the Bulls are up by three points in Game 7 with less than 24 seconds left and VDN chooses not to foul, I am going to figure out a way to murder him. If that's not justifiable homicide, then nothing is.