Monday, December 01, 2008

Random Thoughts

1) Does Tyrus Thomas intentionally throw in-bounds passes under his own basket directly to defenders, just so that he can pad his block stats? I'm pretty sure he's done it three times this year, and in each of the three cases, he subsequently blocked the stealer's would-be lay-up. I feel like such plays are emblematic of Ty's play this year, simultaneously frustrating and awesome, negative and positive, so that his net contribution is basically null. Still, I think he's playing better lately.

2) This 2nd quarter sequence tests the boundaries of my ability to explain my man-crush on Derrick Rose through the use of funny and outre metaphors. For example, I could say that that sequence made me want to fly to Scandinavia and undergo a sex change, so that I could totally have Derrick Rose's babies...but even that, which is so far out that it's creepy, still doesn't convey how totally fucking awesome Rose can be and how much pure fucking happiness his play brings me. His play at times is ineffable, simply sublime. And, somehow, he's only going to get better.

UPDATE I was remiss in failing to mention Gray's Adventures With Inbounding, in which he received an inbounds pass from Derrick Rose, then proceeded to walk out of bounds with it so as to re-inbound it to Rose.

Goes without saying, but unlike Tyrus' adventures, this had no redeeming facet, and is thus emblematic of Gray's wholly negative contributions to this team.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, nice catch on the Tyrus goof+play, I was wondering that myself.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should watch more games. Gray has had some very nice stretches. And TT turned in his biweekly teaser last night. How good would the bulls be if the light suddenly turned on for him?...

1:01 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

Admittedly, I missed a lot of the games during the circus trip, but considering he pulled down a total of 13 defensive rebounds and provided 0 blocks during his 108 minutes of playing time, I'm going to stand by my statement that his impact (particularly where it's most needed) is negative.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home