Friday, February 08, 2008

How Is The Universe Still Here?

What's more unlikely: That the Bulls would beat Golden State on the road without Gordon, Deng, or Hinrich? That Chris Duhon would score 34 points? Or that Boylan would let Tyrus Thomas play an entire fourth quarter?

Can't say enough about Ty tonight: Simply dominant on both ends of the court. (That first block he had was just ill.) 11 of 12 from the line the last two nights. It's a shame it took the Bulls to get decimated by injuries to get him some serious crunchtime tick--and God knows if Nocioni was playing even mediocre, instead of like dogshit, he might not have gotten that--but you've gotta think Boylan will keep feeding him a lot of minutes from here on out.

Kind of a sneakily nice game for Noah, too, by the way. Ten boards in 15 minutes. Y'know, I like our young frontcourt. Let's play them.

UPDATE: You are shitting me. Guess whose name doesn't appear once in the Sam Smith recap. I'll grant you that Duhon and Smith played great, but c'mon...the fourth quarter was all Tyrus. Unprofessional, Sammy.

UPDATE NO. 2: See Ty's comment. (The fourth one). Sam pleads uncaring editors and time constraints, the latter of which certainly sounds plausible. I'll be even more convinced if we get one of those little features in the Trib in the next few days, talking about what a badass Ty is.

6 Comments:

Blogger T Dizzle said...

We may never be rid of Duhon and Smith if they keep playing like this. I don't hate either of them but they take away minutes from Thabo, Noah and Tyrus. Noah only played 15 minutes he needs to see the floor more

8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate them t. Since the Bulls have decided to forgo being good and thus all rivalries, I've decided to turn my derision to the Bulls own. Duhon, Nocioni, Smith and Wallace. I suppose I could throw in Griffin to make it an over-the-hill, Paxson-overvalues-veterans-and-grittiness, All Shit team, too. Obviously (well, for me anyway), Nocioni and Smith (and maybe Wallace) have some value if used 15 minutes or less.

I've tried not to think about it, but it's amazing to me this young, pre-season ECF team, has so many guys that are so bad that play so much.

8:53 AM  
Blogger T Dizzle said...

Man I agree. We know that Griff is bad, Duhon is bad, Nocioni is a brick layer and Smith is an aging jump shooter. What does the eigth seed do for us? Nothing! We need to play the kids because they are the future.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I e-mailed Sam. Accompanied by personal insults about how I have no idea how "the business" works (or any business, he says), he explained that he had to post the story after the 3rd quarter and had asked his editors to add anything "significant". That they didn't means I should have complained to the Tribune.

Apparently, in the 1 hour plus that followed the end of the 3rd quarter and the 1:26 a.m. posting of the story, Sam didn't feel the need to make sure the editors put something in about Thomas. Although he did tell me that he had a nice conversation with Thomas after the game.

It seems as well, that the TribCo. hasn't invested in the "update" button that I've seen accompany stories across the Internets.

So it's not Sam's non-professionalism. It's the fault of time and his editors.

12:06 PM  
Blogger T Dizzle said...

Good follow up Ty. TT's line in the box score looked good I would hate to give up on him

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam writes a puff piece on Tyrus, possibly to make up for omitting any mention of him in the game recap.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home