Sunday, December 30, 2007

No Diplomattin' Pippen

I just can't decide if I'd rather have a really long conversation with Scottie Pippen or Sam Smith.
"What's my disadvantage?" Pippen asked. "No NBA coaching experience? [Scott] Skiles' record with the Bulls wasn't that great. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do what you've done your whole life. I've played basketball, run teams and won.
And you do even less from the bench. Scottie shooting on Andres Nocioni is going on the mantle.
"I'd sit down with him and say, 'Show me you're a winner and play like it. Not with those crazy antics. Make your hustle work in a positive way.' He's turning into Rasheed Wallace with the kinds of things he does on floor. It makes the officials turn on the whole team. And you stop getting calls. Don't shoot those ill-advised shots. Don't look to get bailed out by the refs."
I know I'm going hate the sticky, messy nostalgia that this will inspire around the Bullsosphere, but Scottie has some fucking sweet ideas. Good thing there's plenty of time to consider the drawbacks regarding Coach Pippen.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's JoeJoe yeah I have thought about this Pippen thing ever since they fired Billy C. I can't see him saying all the right things but he does know leardership and has one titles and it might be worth a look. He'll atleast have the players respect. I would think. Interesting idea. check my blog http://sixtitles.blogspot.com/ add me to your blog roll.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's JoeJoe yeah I have thought about this Pippen thing ever since they fired Billy C. I can't see him saying all the right things but he does know leardership and has one titles and it might be worth a look. He'll atleast have the players respect. I would think. Interesting idea. check my blog http://sixtitles.blogspot.com/ add me to your blog roll.

10:59 PM  
Blogger JoeJoeEnglish94bulls4ever said...

sorry about the double post.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

I'm not sure if the 03-04 Sitting on the Bench and Wing Eatin' Pippen made that great of an impression on Paxson or the roster, but he's certainly made himself sound like an intriguing candidate.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least add Pippen to the telecast so he and King can both take shots at Noc while Red eats candy and sobs.

Sam couldn't ask Pip about Aaron Gray?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home