Monday, December 17, 2007

Blogtastic: Internet User Unimpressed With The Raw Humanity Exhibited By A Professional Basketball Player

And takes a shot at the 'punk' element in the NBA.
Finally we (myself and the cameraman) got Hinrich to ourselves and some guy asked him questions while I held a microphone. There were 4 people in the room: the cameraman, the questionnaire man, Kirk Hinrich, and me. Needless to say I was examining the Bulls’ point guard, commenting to myself, “he’s not as big as I thought,” and “yea, he’s needs a new hair style in person, too,” and “he’s like my age, I could be playing basketball (then I looked at my gut and remembered why I wasn’t).”

In a matter of a weekend, I watched Kirk Hinrich be a superstar on the court and a normal human being off the court. I wasn’t very impressed by Hinrich in person. Maybe it was because he’s not that much taller than I, or perhaps because he’s not that much older than I. Whatever the case may be, I hope he continues to impress on the court, because as a fan, that’s really what we want….of course unless you’re a fan of Ron Artest, Jamaal Tinsley, Zach Randolph, and all the other punks in the NBA.

I'd like to take a moment to apologize for Kirk Hinrich. His cape was stained while making blueberry pie for every starving person in the world. Hair care is not a priority to a being of the Captain's magnitude. There just isn't enough time in the day to run a comb through the bangs when there's crime to fight, and ridiculous true point guard rumblings to squash. Why would an NBA player allow anyone to get a hint of the supernatural essence required to play basketball? And be devoured like Jean-Baptiste Grenouille? Crazy. Just crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home