Monday, August 20, 2007

Thank You, Henry



I know it looks like a graph of the last 100 years of housing prices, but really, it's what happens when the Almighty True Hoop links to your humble servants here at TYI. I believe the term is known as "boom and bust." But anyway, thanks Henry. We appreciated your 2,200 readers almost as much as we appreciate the 35 or so who seem to kick around this place pretty regularly.

UPDATE:

Uhhh...this is getting pretty, freaking Meta: So Henry links to this post thanking him for linking to this original post. The end result? Our traffic numbers jump up even higher. A LOT HIGHER:



Personally, I think this has moved beyond "hilarious and kind of amazing" into riotously funny and totally amazing. What do you say, Henry? You want to see if you can single-handedly crash Blogger?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boo

11:13 AM  
Blogger luke middleton said...

I can testify to the same thing happening to my blog (syntheticbalg.com) when TrueHoop linked. It was absolutely unreal.

11:21 AM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

Hot Shit--If you can't gaze at your own navel every now and again, whose can you gaze at? (Although admittedly the mid-riff craze makes it hard to avoid gazing at a lot of folks' navels, many of which I'd have been perfectly happy to never have seen.)

But I agree this meta stuff can get tedious. Still, it's not like it's prime Bulls blogging time either...

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Per the other nite at El Cid - two TrueHoop links means we're ready for a wikipedia entry. And make a Dawgs entry while you're at it.

Pretty please.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

I can testify. Henry linked me yesterday and within twenty-four hours of creating the blog, I've had over two thousand visitors.

People spend millions trying to get that kind of traffic.


sicklittlebeast.blogspot.com

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Why not give equal time to AOL, and show the chart for traffic from a Fanhouse link?

3:39 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

Cuz those fuckers don't link to our profound Bulls commentary! (Or our profound meta-commentary!)

But if your larger point is that Henry is no longer just a popular NBA blogger but a tool of the evil corporate Disney empire, I'd just respond that, until we make the revolution happen (or at least provide a better social safety net), we all gotta make a living.

5:39 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

I should add that we (or at least I) would link to you more, but you keep destroying your blog!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I do keep destroying my blog. I keep getting fed up with reading a bunch of blogs I don't like to keep ahead of the mob of morons who write most sports blogs. And I didn't think I was ever that far ahead.

I thought the Fanhouse has linked to TYI before so my mistake. Twas a joke at AOL's expense. You won't notice if they link to you.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Courtside said...

Henry rocks the house and number of visits over at NBA's Finest, too.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home