Sunday, August 26, 2007

CTC, Pax

That's what BG wants, before the start of the season.

"The Bulls have an opportunity to extend my contract with them this summer," Gordon said yesterday. "So I'm hoping something gets done and I won't have to wait another year to see what's going to happen. I've done everything possible I could have done to help my team get to the playoffs, and I think it's up to them right now to see if they want to make a long-term commitment."

There's been no indication that Paxson would bail on 'the corp' now, and Kirk got his, so we will see how it plays out.

1 Comments:

Blogger BenGo07 said...

From the Sun-Times, in late July:

Paxson plans on opening talks next week with Ben Gordon and Luol Deng in an attempt to get the two to sign contract extensions before they become restricted free agents next summer.
''I think both of them know how all of us in this organization feel about them,'' Paxson said. ''I also am realistic and know it's not often that contracts come up and they have a chance to get security.

''This is an extension. They're not free agents. I'll go about it like I always have; I think I'll be fair. I'm not going to put pressure on us to get something done. I'd like to do it, but if it doesn't get done, it's not going to be a reflection on either side not having tried.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/474747,CST-SPT-bull19.article

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home