Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Darkhorse

After reading this article by K.C., I did a little research on Jason Smith, a 7-foot PF from Colorado State. I'm intrigued.

For starters, most mock drafts have him going in the mid first round (around 16 or 17), so presumably, if this is the guy they like, the Bulls could trade down and get something in return. More substantially, though, Smith seems like a more skilled mid-range shooter than either Noah or Hawes, which is something we really need at the four. His post game still appears to be a work in progress, but that's certainly true for both Noah and Hawes as well, and by all accounts, he's already made significant improvements in that area of his game. (I don't think you can say the same for Joakim; and there's really no frame of reference available for Hawes.) In any event, I could see this; but is there anyone out there who has actually seen this dude play?

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey A. said...

Here's a link to a great, detailed breakdown of Jason Smith and what he has to offer: http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2108
Seems like the Bulls could trade down in the draft and still pick him up around 14 or 15.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he could be good 2-3 years down the road, but he's not the low-post scorer we need.

7:28 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

Alright, sure, but who is in this draft? I think Horford is, but they're not getting him, unless they can move up to 3 or 4, which probably ain't happenin'. I think they might have to get the low post scorer through either a trade or free agency. (And I don't think there's much out there in the latter.)

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a kings fan who is utterly afraid Paxson will take Smith just to fuck with the Kings and take future draft picks from them. I really hope he doesn't but I doubt Petrie would give up much to get Smith other than swap an existing player. Oh well if Pax is interested he'll take him if nothing else to get future assets.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home