Monday, February 19, 2007

Democracy in Action

So I'm wondering what the rest of my fellow TYIers think: Is it cool if those of us so inclined start blogging here about the Cubs and/or Sox, or should we strictly define ourselves as a Bulls blog? (Or should we only allow the former when the latter's season is officially ended?) All two of our readers---should they care to make the effort---are also encouraged to chime in the Comments. (If it helps with your decision-making, two of us are Cubs fans, one of us is a Sox fan, and CoachSkiles seems pretty much agnostic, if not actively hostile, about baseball in general.) Like Nixon, I'll construe any silence as a sign that the majority approves my proposal. (And any loud and unruly protests against the idea as grounds to start wiretapping and expand this blog's already existing covert counterintelligence program.)

Also, I meant to call attention to this week-old post by Henry Abbott, suggesting that perhaps this blog of ours should change its name. Taurine Dream made the scene in the Comments, correctly pointing out that, all related merits aside, the Knicks did us a solid simply by taking a player who the Bulls had no wish to put on the court. Eddy Curry's turning into a nice player--and, bitterly ironically, a very good post player--but there's only one team that might be all-too-literally haunted by this trade. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

On a final, somewhat tangentially related note: I missed most of the All Star festivities, but one of the things I did catch was the Rookie Game, and watching how well the Sophomores played made me realize that the sky is still pretty much the limit for Ty Thomas. Most players seem to get significantly better in their 2nd year, and then improve even more between their 2nd and 3rd. (See Gordon, Ben; Deng, Luol.) Keeping in mind that T2 is only 20, I'd say Judgment Day remains a ways in the distance.

(That's the cheesiest allusion I've ever made. Forgive me.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a big Cubs fan so I'd welcome any baseball talk if it results in more posts...

I think we need to reevaluate the trade in about 3 years when we can officially see where Tyrus is at in his development. He has shown some signs of his "Tremendous Upside Potential" this season with his athletic shot blocking abilities. The trade debate also relies on the player we get this year. Also, you can argue the fact that it wasn't Tyrus they traded but it was the second pick in the draft so they could have picked anyone besides Bargnani. If the Bulls select Josh McRoberts in June, however, then I'm willing to concede this debate.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

Thanks for the link as always, when your two readers join forces with my 2 readers I'm surprised when the blogspot servers don't explode.

Go for it on the baseball blogging. There are about 10 billion baseball blogs out there, and I hope you dudettes/dudes know something about sabermetrics.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Big Sweet said...

I'm all for blogging about the hardball, but only on three conditions.

1) Our Bulls content doesn't slip too much down the stretch or in the off-season.

2) You're open to disparaging posts about how big of an ass Zambrano can be.

3)You don't mind reading desperate posts every five days about the state of the Sox' fifth starter spot.

9:28 AM  
Blogger CoachSkiles said...

Baseball sucks, what am I supposed to do about that?

Other sports blogging is fine by me, as long as I can blog about golf?


Do we draw the line at talking about our pick-up hoops games?

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home